Friday, June 11, 2010

Can you believe I remembered my password? That's the first amazing act. Where do I start? Blessings first... My health stuff appears to have been resolved. Tara is expecting my grandson, Em has given me three beautiful graddaughters, Marissa graduated from FLCC with honors and has been busy exploring life's options. Life is good....
The not so good stuff has come in the form of betrayal. In an effort to spare details, suffice to say people I put my trust in broke my heart in more ways than I could ever imagine. I was broken and became a very empty vessel for a bit. I am now in the process of reinventing myself yet again. I was accepted into University of Wisconsin for my Masters degree in Vocational Counseling. I'm excited about that. I can honestly say the great healer for me was coming to Em's, hearing Brynn call me Amma even when she says "Stop Amma", picking those babies up in the middle of the night and rocking them back and forth, back and forth, thinking Dominic needs to meet his grandma and Marissa needs a dream coach. Those things became my happy thoughts, my reason for getting up and breathing in and out one more day.
Let's see ,how many times have I reinvented myself now? Guess I got one more time in me. It's a good day to live McDougal !!!!

3 comments:

Emily Ellis said...

you get knocked down, but you get up again! You are one tough cookie!So proud of you!

Tara said...

I love the thought of all of the new possibilities for you! You have so much to look forward to and so much joy in your life already. Re-inventing yourself is necessary every once in a while I think, otherwise life can get kind of boring. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you. Love you so much and miss you more!

bcapozzi said...

So I stand corrected: Brynn now calls me Namma not Amma !!!!