Sunday, December 07, 2008

Well reading this last entry hit me like a ton of bricks! Mom died a couple of weeks after I wrote. I miss her so much at times but I am thankful we lived together for as long as we did and I have no regrets. Steve was hospitalized, had brain surgery and things were touch and go for a period of time this Summer. Brynn was born on the 4th of July and that was quite amazing. We had to put Sugar down and dad was hospitalized for a bit after falling from a roof. It's easy to see why I'm excited about ringing in the New year. Right now I'm looking forward to Tara and Dave coming home on the 22nd. All in all it remains a good day to live Macdougal!

2 comments:

Em said...

Well...I think that you should have a very large adult beverage at 12:01 am on January 1st. After all these years without a drink I think that January first deserves a tall one in honor of this year being a closed door.

Tara said...

Wow, it's crazy to think how much has happened this last year! I think we're all hoping that next year will go better. Who knows, maybe Dave and I will be back in New York with a baby on the way next year! Love ya and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!